Top Ten Things to Do in Disney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top Ten Things to Do in Disney

Tenley Radogna, Staff Writer

November 30… my 16th birthday. I thought I  was going to take my permit test after school, but little did i know I was in for a surprise. When I got picked up my Mom handed me a gift. The gift was Mickey birthday ears.  I was so confused, then she told me we were flying down to Disney for the weekend. At first I didn’t believe her and I was in shock. It t didn’t fully go through my head until we got to the airport.

When we landed I was so excited I couldn’t even function properly. I have been asking to go to Disney at Christmas time for so long. Me and my family have been going for 10 years. My parents hadn’t told me what hotel we were staying at yet, and they wouldn’t tell me until we got there. When we walked in to The Wilderness Lodge there was a Christmas tree that was 45 feet tall. At that point it got through my head that we were actually in Disney. The following things are, in my opinion, the top 10 things to do in Walt Disney World as a high school student:

1. Hoop de Doo Musical Review. This is a dinner show that will entertain the whole family. My family and I go every time we take a trip down to Disney.  Every time we go we all laugh so hard we cry, this is me and my brother’s highlight of the vacation.
  2. Waterparks. I would totally recommend going to a waterpark, especially if you go when it’s really hot out. You have two options to pick from, Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. I think that Typhoon Lagoon is the better one. It has more of the thrill water rides, I would recommend this one if you like more thrilling rides. If you don’t then you should check out Blizzard Beach.

ATTRACTIONS:

1. The Mountains. Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train are all located at Magic Kingdom. They are the main rides at the park and you should definitely go on them at least once.
  2. Flight of Passage. This is an Avatar themed ride located in Avatar land at Animal Kingdom. It is by far the coolest ride in all of Disney. It is a video based ride that takes you through the land of Pandora. I would also recommend this one.

HOTELS:

1. The Wilderness Lodge. This is a hotel that is wilderness themed and kind of feels like your staying in a log cabin.
  2. The Polynesian. This is Hawaiian themed. The actual rooms have a Hawaiian and more modern feel to it.

RESTAURANTS:

1. Via Napoli. This restaurant is in Epcot, in the country of Italy. It has really good Italian food. If you like that kind of food you should definitely try it.
  2. Liberty tree tavern. This is a family style all you can eat restaurant, serving traditional dishes such as pot roast turkey and pork. There is something for everyone.

HOLIDAYS:

1. Parties. I totally recommend going to Disney for the holidays, even if it’s just for the weekend. If you do you should definitely attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party or if you go during Halloween attend Mickey’s not so scary Halloween Party.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This event runs, on select nights from November 8th through December 21st. It is filled with Christmas shows, parades and special treats. If you chose to watch one of the parades then I recommend watching it from Main Street USA because it “snows”

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. This event runs on select nights from August 28th through September 31st. It is filled with spooky shows, special parades and special treats. They set up stations for people to go trick or treating and you can go through them as many times as you want to. You will come home with pounds and pounds of candy.

1. Candlelight Processional. This is a special event specific to Christmas time. Where orchestras and choirs play Christmas carols. In between songs a Christmas story is told by a special narrator. It is a beautiful and i definitely recommend seeing this show. Only people with tickets get in but you should get in line early because it gets super long.