New Nurses Office

Claudia Dedie

Mrs.Holcomb and Mrs.Spitzer working in the nurses office.

Claudia Dedie, Staff Writer

I am a diabetic and I visit the nurse’s office multiple times a day, every day. I have a deeper and more personal connection and relationship with the nurses and the office itself than somebody who just comes in lie down. I’m happy to say that the nurse’s office got a major update this year! From personal experience, I can say that last year, before the changes, the nurses office was not living up to its full potential. It was cramped, not private, and overall, uncomfortable to be in. 

Mrs. Spitzer, who has been with Victor for three years, says, “We have needed it to be reconstructed for many years.” Three to be exact. Just about the same amount of time Mrs. Spitzer has been with the district. 

The plan for reconstruction started November of 2016. You can tell the nurses have been very patient waiting for their new office. They definitely deserve this.

Blueprints of the new office.

The reconstruction was a necessity for both the school and its students. The increase in the student population meant an increase in patient population. This meant the nurses needed more space and more private sections in the office so they could have personal conversations with the people who came in for help. Before, there wasn’t even a possibility for such a thing.

Construction started in April of last school year (2018-19). While construction went on, the nurses were moved into the school’s LGI. Work on the office continued over the Summer and ended in mid-August. However, the nurses are “still working out some tweaks.” 

So much has changed in the office. They added another bed space, a second bathroom, two additional offices, an exam room, and an eye wash station. They are also getting new cots and an adjustable exam bed which they’ve needed for quite some time.

“It has a lot of things we need moving forward with more space, more privacy, and new equipment,” states Mrs. Spitzer. This renovation was absolutely necessary. The good thing is that nothing was taken away but so many important things and details were added.

Claudia Dedie