Domination at the Teddi Bowl

Caleb Rickey, Staff Writer

The 5th Annual Teddi Bowl was hosted by Victor Central Schools with 3 different games: Boys Volleyball, Boys Soccer, and to cap off the night Varsity Football.

To start the night Boys Volleyball had a very impressive 3-0 sweep, moving on to Boys Soccer who  game went into OT vs Fairport, but lost a hard-fought game with a final a score of 1-2. To end the night the Victor Blue Devils Football Team took the field  against the Fairport Red Raiders.

Before the game started both teams came together to support and honor the 5th Annual Teddi Bowl with 4 time cancer survivor Deanna Dewberry and her daughter who shared their story with their struggles with cancer and how Camp Good Days brought them magic in their fight against cancer and how to cope with the struggles of dealing with the loss family members.

As the ceremony wrapped up both teams took their respective end zones and after both teams’ introductions, Fairport won the coin toss and deferred, giving Victor the ball to start the game.

Before we get into what happened in the game I have to shout out our very own student section aka Victor Devils Den for showing up with USA theme.

The Blue Devils took the field and with a slow start with a few poor drives from both teams Sam Gotham takes off with the ball 50 yard TD to to give the team a 7-0 lead. This wasn’t all Victor was gonna do though, as there was a big stop on defense; Adam Ruffalo made a beautiful move to make the defender miss and we scored, taking an early 14-0 lead.

The Fairport Red Raiders tried to hang on but with the defense dominating Victor was able to get the ball again. Fellow journalist CJ Palmiere had a 41 yard gain on a screen pass, which lead to another TD, with Brady Robinson to Nick Leonard giving Victor a dominating 21-0 start.

Fairport was finally able to reach the end zone and  rally  partial  comeback in the start of the second quarter. Well that drive was responded to with another impressive run and score from Sam Gotham, making the score 28-7.

The time was ticking and the Red Raiders were unable to respond to the Blue Devils offense. Alan Miller has been a standout factor on the defense making multiple impressive plays through the season and made even more on Friday night.

The onslaught did not stop as Brady hits Adam again for his second TD of the night well make that three TDs as he forced a fumble at the 1 yard line, which he picked up and took for 99 yards, making the game 42-7. From there there was no coming back for the Red Raiders and the Blue Devils walked away with a blowout win score 49-14.

The Blue Devils will focus their attention towards the Rush-Henrietta Royal Comets who are coming off a dominating win of their own against Penfield. Victor will be the visiting team to Rush Henrietta’s Homecoming so make sure to go next Saturday October 1st at 2:00 PM and pack the den to watch our own Blue Devils spoil the R-H Homecoming. As for now the boys are full of nothing but smiles.