The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Nerd Alert!

Nerd+Alert%21

Have you ever heard of Dungeons and Dragons?  Have you ever heard of Yu-Gi-Oh, or Magic The Gathering, or Pokemon? Dungeons and Dragons is a fantasy role-playing game, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic The Gathering, and Pokemon are all strategy card games, and one thing that all these games share is powerful, fantastical monsters.

Did you know that our school has a club that meets on a weekly basis to play these games?  In years past, you may have known this club as Dice Guild, if you attended this club in the 7th and 8th grades.  Now however, this club is called Nerd Alert.

The club’s advisor is Mr. Arnold, and it meets in room 213 on most Wednesdays and Thursdays during activity periods whenever buses are available.  This club mainly consists of students that had already participated in Dice Guild in 7th and 8th grade.

If you are interested in joining in the middle one of this club’s D&D campaigns, they usually take either only one session or multiple sessions, depending on how long they are, or if there are not enough members to continue their main campaign.  A D&D campaign is a story that the players follow in order to complete a goal, much like an interactive adventure book, or the story mode in a video game.

If you want to join in the middle of a campaign, then the members of this club will try to allow you to join, but you will need to come prepared and have talked with the Dungeon Master beforehand, who is the person who runs the D&D campaigns.  You also will have to make sure that your character fits in with the story of the campaign well.  I

f you want to join Nerd Alert, make sure that you bring some cards to play with and a friend, because you may not be able to get into the campaign for a few sessions.  There are many members of the club that would be more that willing to help you with creating a character, explaining the story, and helping you to learn about how to play Dungeons and Dragons, if you have never played before.