The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Victor Baseball’s Comeback Against Hilton

History: This Wednesday, Victor baseball hosted their home opener against a very talented and well-coached Hilton team. The two teams faced twice last year, with Hilton beating Victor, 3-0, and 5-0. Hilton only allowed 3 hits in the 2 games, without a runner even touching 3rd base. Hilton proved their dominance over Victor, but when it really mattered they lost in the first round of sectionals. Victor battled their way all the way to the sectional final, but ended up coming short on a 3-5 loss to a very strong Fairport team. Victor looks to get back to a sectional final game for the 3rd year in a row. 

4/10/24

Source : Pickin splinters

Victor, after going 2-1 down in Myrtle Beach, came back up north to host their home opener against Hilton. Victor, obviously looking to get back at Hilton, gave Weston Elkovitch the ball as he has proved his excellence on the mound throughout his varsity years. 

The Hilton Cadets started off scoring 3 runs in the first inning, while Victor answered with no runs. The score remained 3-0 until the bottom of the fourth when Victor found a headlight. With two runners on Chris Swackhammer came up to the plate and delivered the biggest hit of the game, scoring 2 runs for Victor. This inning stayed alive as Victor found another single into the gap to score another run, Making it tied at 3-3. 

Weston Elkovitch remained perfect after his first inning, continuing to strike out the majority of batters. With 2 outs in the 6th, Victor found a single, and then Nick Krieglestein mashed a triple over the center fielder’s head to take the lead at 4-3, He scored a passed ball making Victor ahead 5-3.

In the last inning Weston Elkovitch, who was approaching his pitch count limit, was only allowed to throw 12 pitches until he was pulled. He continued to shut down Hilton as he got 3 outs in only 5 pitches. 

Victor took this game and is scheduled to play them again at their field on 4/12/24 hoping to sweep the series against the well-talented Cadets.

Screenshot