The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Maxton Hall: The German Show Taking the Internet By Storm

Prime+Video
Prime Video

A new German show on Amazon Prime has been taking social media by storm. Filled with teenage angst and a forbidden romance, Maxton Hall: The World Between Us is a must watch.

Set at a high class school in England called Maxton Hall, shy scholarship student Ruby Bell (Harriet Herbig-Matten) witnesses a scandalous affair involving rich, popular James Beaufort’s sister (Sonja Weißer). James (Damian Hardung) confronts Ruby and attempts to keep her quiet. After an incident, James and Ruby must work together to plan a spectacular fundraiser or risk losing what’s important to them.

Stepahn Rabold/Prime Video

While fighting with each other, they also fight a mutual attraction and deal with the looming pressure of college. 

Maxton Hall has taken the number one spot for TV shows on Prime currently and stars some pretty impressive actors.

Damian Hardung is a German actor who plays James Beaufort. Hardung has a few popular series under his belt including German show The Red Band Society and the Netflix series How to Sell Drugs Online (fast). 

In Maxton Hall, Hardung shows off his skills playing a stuck character who is forced to take over his fathers luxury fashion business when what he really likes is drawing. Hardung excellently portrays James as privileged yet disappointed and broody and does a great job of showing his character development throughout the series.

Prime Video

Harriet Herbig-Matten is a German actress who impressively portrays high-strung Ruby. Throughout the show we see Ruby start to let her walls down and become stronger and more sure of herself. Herbig-Matten uses powerful facial expressions and tone of voice to show Ruby’s emotions and inner thoughts.

While this show is set in England, the actors are German and the original language is German. I would recommend watching this show in German with English subtitles on.

Maxton Hall: The World Between Us has been confirmed for a second season.