The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Technological Thoughts of Mr. Pouliot

Through the mind of a Technology Teacher
Mr. Pouliot smiling wryly. Photo Credit – Jonah Iwankow

Deep inside the basement surrounded by 3D printers is Mr. Pouliot, one of the teachers in the Victor Senior High School who teaches technology. With a subject like that, he teaches people how to have creative minds. “What goes through the mind of a technology teacher?” said someone, probably, at one point in time; So today (or whenever You decide to read this) we dive through the mind of Mr. Pouliot.

One benefit to having a mind like this is about how you could solve problems with skill. There were batteries that would be used for assignments; Although useful, the batteries were always inconsistent with battery levels. After realizing the chargers were too scattered around the room, He put his mind to work and created a 3D printed docking station for the batteries. “Rather than charge one battery, charge them all”; This was key to how to solve a problem like this.

3D printed battery deck by Mr. Pouliot. Photo Credit – Jonah Iwankow

While being able to obliterate issues with his mind, the amount of times it took to print and how frustrating it was when issues like the batteries not fitting in the dock or not falling in the right place were always paid off and felt great when it did end up working.

While Mr. Pouliot teaches students technology, He isn’t the only one teaching in his classes. Mr. Pouliot’s students have come up with many great and cool ideas. One of his students created a 3D printing waste recycler. This would make 3D printing so much easier to use for him and his students.

It is clearly shown how innovative this mind is, but why teach in the first place? Well for Mr. Pouliot, his job teaching students is always constantly changing. 

According to him, Technology is very different from what it is now and because of that he is teaching kids new things every year. “It’s not the same thing every year, it’s always changing”. 

Every year when Mr. Pouliot teaches his class, there is always something new to learn for him and his students.