The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Gilmore Girls : The Ultimate Fall Fashion Inspo

Netflix
Netflix

With the weather slowly dwindling into the fall season, there’s nothing better than curling up on the couch with your favorite snack and binge-watching the charming world of Stars Hollow. 

Gilmore Girls is a 7-season show created in the early 2000s with a limited edition reboot in 2016. The show is mainly focused on Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory and their everyday lives journeying through school, work, and family and boy drama. As the show progresses, the audience will see the relationship between Lorelai and Rory grow and change. 

The fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut is a quaint little town based in Washington, Connecticut. The citizens of Stars Hollow include Lorelai Gilmore, a coffee addict and movie-obsessed mom, who remains a teen at heart. Her 17-year-old daughter Rory Gilmore, a shy and studious bookworm. The other main characters of the show include: Luke, Sookie St. James and her husband Jackson, Michel, and Emily and Richard Gilmore. The supporting cast helps make Stars Hallow what it truly is. 

Through the 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls, Rory’s style represented a staple in the fall fashion scene with her chunky sweaters and straight jeans or through her Chilton uniform of a button-down long sleeve with a plaid skirt. 

However, as the seasons continue, Rory’s style evolves along with her changing personality. We see her wear more long-sleeved sweaters, mini skirts, and boots. This style changes with her personality as she becomes more posed and put together throughout college at Yale and at her internship at the Eagle Stamford Gazette.

On the other hand of the spectrum, we see Lorelai Gimore’s style be consistent yet extremely relevant to who she is. When Lorelai is casually perusing the streets of Stars Hollow we see her eclectic side shine through. She wears clashing prints to represent her very messy and all over the place personality. However, when Lorelai is working as the owner at her inn, The Dragonfly, we see her fashion style lead towards more professional and work orientated.

Looking back almost 23 years later, Gen-Z has made the cozy fall aesthetic all based upon Gilmore Girls.

Warner Bros.

To replicate Rory’s iconic Season 1 outfit, pair a white chunky sweater with straight blue jeans and Doc Martens or Converse High Top sneakers. 

Warner Bros.

If the season of fall is about showing more of a preppy style, modernizing Rory’s iconic Chilton uniform is perfect. In order to fulfill this, think about pairing a sweater vest of your choice with a pleated plaid skirt, lace socks, and loafers. 

Warner Bros.

To redesign Loreali’s iconic inn outfit, pair an oversized turtleneck sweater with a mini skirt, an oversized leather jacket, and boots of your choice.

Warner Bros.

To modernize Loreali’s out and about outfit into today’s modern fashion, think of pairing a skirt of your desired length with a white button up, colored sweater vest, and shoes of your choice.