The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

She’s Back.

Shes+Back.

The 2019 Victor grad returns as a teacher for her first teaching opportunity. Despite her surprising return, she has enjoyed the first few weeks of her return.

Mcintee’s inspiration regarding health stems from her type one diabetes diagnosis at three years old. Since she can remember she has always wanted to do something health-related for her career. She credited the Victor staff for showing her how she could take an interest and turn it into a career.

Mcintee’s unique situation with type one diabetes allows her to connect with students on a much deeper and more personal level. She has been very open to her students about having type 1 diabetes hoping for students to feel more comfortable in the classroom regarding their hardships or diagnoses. 

Mcintee explained the way she can connect with students. “ Even if it is a different diagnosis, mental or physical I can relate and help students going through something. That’s why I have been super open and upfront about my medical situation, hoping to make students feel more comfortable.” 

Through countless schooling and observations of the classrooms she was in over the years, Mcintee has been able to identify the different types of learning styles that students have and how vital it is to recognize this as a teacher.

She learned this when she went to Ithaca College from 2019-2023 graduating this past school year. She picked Ithaca because of the beautiful trails, gorges, and scenery and the dual master’s program that they offer. 

Mcintee studied both health and PE at Ithaca, the health major only sees about 15 students per class which is one of the contributing factors to her decision. Mcintee enjoyed her college experience in the beautiful city of Ithaca and credited the health program Ithaca has in place as a huge help. 

Mcintee wants students to connect with her and her class. She wants kids to be able to see how important health really is for people’s lives and wellbeing. “ I want my class to be fun and for students to take away ways on how to live a healthy lifestyle and apply that throughout the rest of their lives.”