The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Everything Revolves Around The Grateful Dead

From the Beastie Boys to The Grateful Dead, Mr Cronmiller has seen it all. He has worked at this school for many years and is loved by all his students, Some know him best for his incredible music taste. With the same taste myself I was eager to ask him about his concert life.

Mr.Cronmiller is a part of many things in this schools, coaching both the boys and girls tennis team, the wrestling team, along with teaching Earth and Environmental science. Being known for his incredible teaching means that most people are unaware of his love for music.

Cron was quick to say that he’s already seen all his dream concerts. The immediate answer being “The Grateful Dead”. Once I changed the question with the option of dead or alive and at any point time he decided on Bob Marley, choosing his prime time: the early 70s.

His exposure to concerts started very young, making him an expert now. At 12 years old he saw the Beastie Boys with Run-D.M.C. at the Rochester War Memorial. He claims that high school was what shaped his music taste.

It is clear that Crony might be the Grateful Dead’s biggest fan, he has no shows he’s itching to see, satisfied with the amount of times he’s seen the dead.Passing up an opportunity to see them is something you’ll never see him do.

With a library of 400 songs by the Grateful Dead he is sure he could come up with some that he hasn’t seen, but there’s none in specific that he’s still chasing. His favorite song to hear live, and one he recommends to everyone is Terrapin Station. His top show he has seen was, Los Muertos Con Queso (the grateful dead with string cheese) in 2017.

Growing up on concerts myself, I was curious to hear his opinion on how they have changed over time. He says he “ tries to mind his own business” but doesn’t love how overcrowded they can be with the newer concept of purchasing tickets online.

His advice to new concert goers is to simply “enjoy it, don’t look around and worry about what people are thinking of you”. So many people sit there and people watch, or worry about how they look but he says it’s not about that and emphasizes that enjoying yourself is all that matters.