The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Story That Lasts Forever

Via - Dreamville Records
Via – Dreamville Records

We’re taking a trip to the past. 2022 was a huge year in the hip hop industry. We’ve had big names like Drake, Metro Boomin, DJ Khaled and Lil Baby. 

In some cases though people miss artist albums that are up in coming due to all the hype these big artists bring. JID is one of them. Even though he is part of Dreamville which is a record label managed by J.Cole he still doesn’t get enough hype for his work.

His recent project The Forever story takes a glimpse into his past. It’s a complete 360 from his last project Dicaprio 2. 

As JID got older his biggest goal was making it to the NFL. As time went on he lost the love for the game and gave music a shot.

As JID started to gain followers he’s been known for his unique flow in rap music. Not many artists can do what he does. His style and flow is generational in my opinion. His ability to switch flows with a good  beat changes is outstanding and he shows his ability to do that in ultimately all his songs. 

You’ll have to really listen in because some of the beat changes you won’t even notice. He also displays his ability to sing in Kody Blu 31 which is one of his top streamed songs. 

My favorite songs in the album have to be Crack Sandwich and Surround Sounds. The reason for that is because I really like the beat and flow changes in the songs. I also get a 90’s vibe from the beat which is my absolute favorite type of music. This album to me is just perfection. 

In the album each song has its own unique flow and style so whenever the next one comes in you have no idea what’s coming. This is very smart in the production of the album because it keeps listeners intrigued and wanting more.