The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Well, So Much For This Relationship

“Model house life meltdown still a modern dream let down it kills me, you know I’m dying out here”, with these words we start to see how this emotional song describes the ending of a dream.

“Love From The Other Side” was released on January 18th, 2023. This is Fall Out Boys lead single in their 8th album “So Much (For) Stardust”.

Via YouTube

The song shares the emotions Patrick Stump (lead singer and guitarist) goes through either during or after a seemingly painful relationship. In that first set of lyrics it’s easy to understand that Patrick feels that his dream of having the ideal relationship was crushed and now feels like he is dying.

This song talks a lot about how Patrick’s relationship was perfect but then the pair split up and now he’s heartbroken but he still loves her even though he describes the relationship as an apocalypse.

You, along with many other people, can probably relate to this song since the lyrics describe the emotions people feel in day to day life whether they’re in a relationship, split up with someone, or if they have feelings for someone but they don’t feel the same. I think it really demonstrates how someone can feel love and hate for someone at the same time, and how emotionally damaging that can be.

Via YouTube

Although this song is about heartbreak and conflicting emotions it still manages to make you feel like smhoovin and groovin. It’s a bop. I could probably listen to it on repeat and never get tired of it.

Fall Out Boy has many great songs but I feel that this is one of their best. I highly recommend checking out their other songs. Fall Out Boy does a great job at making each song of theirs sound different but still keep the same upbeat tone.

There’s not much for me to say about the music video other than it plays out as a children’s book coming to life. It’s weird and pretty random but it works.

View Comments (6)