The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Avett Experience

The Avett brothers never fail to deliver an incredible show. Their unique mixture of folk and rock music provides a little something for everyone.

In the early 2000’s, the brothers Scott and Seth gained Bob Crawford(Bassist), Joe Kwon(strings), and Tania Elizabeth(Strings). They have now grown to become a Grammy nominated and winning group.

At an Avett Brothers concert you will find a crowd of the most down to earth and happy people. The calm and safe environment adds to the overall experience of an Avett concert. 

Though the fan base may be increasing the venue locations mainly remain the same. As more and more fans begin to follow the brothers, fewer seats become available.

Returning fans are always eager to share all their past experiences, whether it’s their 5th or 50th concert.

The VIP fan base members are called the guild, which can be easily differentiated in a crowd by their bright colored wrist bands and overall confidence at the venues. You can often find Guild members exchanging their creations, usually fun stickers, pins, and bracelets. 

With a relatively small fan base it isn’t difficult to blend in at a Avett concert. Simply start by picking an outfit you could jump for hours in and never dress to impress. Jeans and a flannel might be the fanciest pieces of clothing you will find.

Averaging 24 songs a show in just over two hours the brothers bring the audience on an emotional rollercoaster as they switch between somber songs and hard core rock. Most of their songs reflect on their life experiences whether it’s past wives and mistakes, every verse is filled with metaphors and each song a story. 

Scott Avett never passes up an opportunity to interact with the crowd, running through crowds or holding the hands of excited fans. Seth on the other hand chooses to keep his skill on the stage as he supplies the fans with a show, from a distance.

Their unique poetic and philosophical style of writing combined with their uncommon sound creates quite the show. With an increasing amount of new fans each year The Avett Brothers continue to be a growing band.