The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Mckenna Anderson: More than meets the eye

Whether you’ve been in a class with her on a team with her, or just heard her in the hallways, Mckenna Anderson leaves an impression. Although at first she might strike most as a bubbly and ditzy person, most people are unaware of her kindness and dedication to her sports and academics.

Mckenna Anderson, a sophomore in high school whose goal “isn’t to be loved by everyone, but it’s to be genuine with everyone”. Kenna focuses most on staying positive and radiating kindness towards everyone. She is a multi-sport athlete and strives for nothing but the best.

Many might know her simply because of the energy she carries with her or the echo of her laughter through the hallways, the lucky ones get to experience just how contagious her confidence and enthusiasm can be.

Friends describe her as “passionate” and “focused on her future” as many know her best for her commitment to lacrosse and energetic charisma. Her personality “doesn’t change much between being a person, student, and athlete” and she tries to carry herself the same from school, to home, to the fields and the green. 

Selected as team captain of the JV girls lacrosse team her freshman year of high school was an eye opening experience. She says she took that opportunity “with utmost respect” and tried her best to make her “teammates around me feel comfortable so they would be able to succeed”. 

She leads her team with the mindset that “Success is really all about the environment and how you feel when you’re doing something you love” making sure that all her teammates are capable of having a positive experience.

While balancing her school life with sports and academics she finds it can be difficult to carry her positive attitude from school to extra curricular activities. She says her biggest struggle is not having her attitude towards one of them carryover, and it affecting her performance of another.

Don’t let her high-vis athleisure turn you off, Mckenna Anderson is worth getting to know.

View Comments (1)