The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

From Flames To Flights: Sean Garcia Perez

Sean Garcia Perez is an athlete and a plane enthusiast senior in Victor Senior High. 

Since the age of 5 Sean has been passionate about aviation. Aviation means to fly or operate planes. To further advance his interest he studies videos on youtube and practices his skills on flight simulators. Sean hopes to go into the air force or even the army when he is older. 

Going into that field takes lots of bravery and courage not many people possess. He will be in the one percent of Americans answering the call for their nation. 

In his spare time Sean continues his studies. Sean is also a top notch student and member of the community. He is a second year journalist with the title of managing editor. Sean also hangs out with friends or likes to work out. 

As a member of the community Sean contributes a lot to the town of Farmington. He is a volunteer firefighter in Farmington. He runs calls and helps out with anything from small medical calls to big fires.

Sean reflected on some of the more intense calls that he has been on. He told me:“My craziest experience was definitely 2 years ago, there was a massive fire in a field and it took us a couple hours to put out.” As a firefighting volunteer he helps out the public on their worst days.

This position is not for the weak, “ I have to be prepared mentally for what I could see out there, especially before we leave for a car accident call or something similar.”

Sean is also in the Civil Air Patrol. The Civil Air Patrol is the official civilian auxiliary of the U.S Air Force. Some of the tasks Sean completes as a volunteer are fundraisers, different survival tasks and emergency training. 

Let’s dive more into his aviation passion. Throughout all the years Sean has studied planes he has not yet gotten his flying license.After finishing highschool he plans to get it by entering the military. He has memorized countless flight routes throughout New York. He also goes plane spotting at Rochester Airport and photographs planes there. 

If you are interested you can follow his plane spotting instagram @Rochester_Plane_Spotting. When he is out shooting photos of planes, he is on the lookout for unique planes. One of his favorite planes he captured was the Boeing 767-300. He explained,“It’s a great piece of engineering, it is very versatile and can play any role needed in the aviation industry.”

The Victor Senior High community has plenty of fascinating and intriguing people, very few have an interest like Sean’s. His hard work and dedication to learn more will take him far. I wish Sean all the best with getting his license and becoming a pilot.