The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Ricky Stanicky; Funny But Falls Flat

via: soical news xyz

The new movie Ricky Stanicky directed by Peter Farrelly is a heartwarming comedy featuring popular actors like John Cena, Zac Efron, Andrew Santino, and Jermaine Fowler. 

This movie brings together some of America’s favorite comedy actors and leaves you with a heart warming message. However, the movie lacks excitement and gives off a predictable feel. 

The movie starts with three childhood friends pulling a prank gone wrong and coming up with the character Ricky Stanicky to cover their tracks. 

Ricky Stanicky is a fictional character who the three childhood best friends use when they want to travel or take a pause in life. 

They carried out the story of the fictional character of Ricky throughout adulthood. 

The three childhood best friends, played by Zach Efron, Andrew Santino, and Jermaine Flower, create “Ricky” as a way to escape from reality; they do this by telling their wives/girlfriends Ricky Stanicky is in trouble. 

For example, the movie begins humorously when the three friends travel to Las Vegas to see their friend “Ricky” because he “needs their help” when in reality they just wanted to party. 

Then unironically, one of their wives goes into labor leaving them in a panic to get home.

Ricky Stanicky was played by John Cena. This role seemed challenging in the way he portrayed two characters throughout the movie. 

His original character “Rocky Hard ” Rod who they met on their spontaneous trip to go see “Ricky” in Las Vegas, was then hired by his friends to pretend to be Ricky Stanicky when their wives became suspicious about if Ricky was real. 

His character Ricky goes through a series of challenges in the film. 

For example, when he was in debt to people in Vegas, his friends helped him out by getting him a job at their office. 

His character Ricky goes through self doubt and personal struggles creating the overall message of second chances and the impact of close friendships.  

However, I believe the film to be a bit overdone and just seemingly like another Hollywood attempt to get John Cena and Zach Efron in a movie. 

The movie lacked a freshness to it and just seems like a movie made in high hopes for popularity. 

Overall, I would not recommend this movie because it lacks excitement. 

The overall plot of the movie, although an interesting concept, comes off as predictable and for the most part just a casual watch and not a blockbuster movie.