The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The NFL Draft

Connor Doran
    Garrett Clar repping his Chase Claypool Jersey, simulating what happens at the NFL Draft.

It’s that time of year again: When dreams are made, and tears are brought to the faces of young men with hopes of cementing themselves into NFL franchises forever. The NFL Draft, taking place April 25-27, at Campus Martius Park and Hart Plaza in Detroit, is set to be record-breaking in many ways, but the highlight? The year of the Quarterback, with the first 4 picks all projected to be QBs in the minds of some experts, for the first time ever.

Picked to go number 1 in just about every Mock Draft that has surfaced the internet, is none other than the phenom from Southern California; Caleb Williams. Williams won the Heisman trophy, the award going to the best player in college football, as a Sophomore, and was named a finalist again his Junior year.

The number 2 spot is a little more up for debate, with both Jayden Daniels and Drake Maye the likely two prospects competing to go to the Commanders and Patriots, respectively. 

Jayden Daniels is the defending Heisman Trophy winner from LSU, and has proven himself both as a runner and passer in Brian Kelly’s dynamic offense. After transferring from Arizona State 2 years ago, Daniels offensive numbers skyrocketed and the hype grew as a result.

The North Carolina prospect, Drake Maye, didn’t have as much team success as the other two Quarterbacks previously mentioned, but the stats don’t lie. Similar to Sam Howell, who was drafted by the Commanders two years ago, Maye flourished in Mack Brown’s system at Chapel Hill.

Rounding out the top 5 however, is much less set and stone. This class is loaded with top WRs such as Marvin Harrison Jr. out of Ohio State, Mailk Nabers from LSU, and Rome Odunze from the University of Washington.

Other notable players likely to be selected in the top 10 or just outside it include, OT Joe Alt from Notre Dame, reigning National Champion QB JJ MCCarthy out of Michigan, DT Byron Murphy II from Texas, and edge rusher Dallas Turner from Alabama. 

This year’s NFL Draft has been categorized as the deepest Draft ever covered by Mel Kiper Jr., who has been covering the draft for 40 years. 

Pending trades and other crazy draft day scenarios, this year’s 3-day extravaganza might be the wildest, and most franchise-altering draft we have ever seen in the NFL calendar.