The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Interstellar: A Christopher Nolan Masterpiece

Via- Warner bros
As a person who once had no interest in the genre of science fiction, this movie completely changed me. This movie and conspiracy opened up the entire genre and overall interest in astronomy to me. I began to watch all of the director Christopher Nolan’s films just because of how good this movie is. 

I found myself thinking about this movie and its realistic aspects weeks after watching it for the first time. Interstellar is my undisputed favorite movie and I recommend whoever is reading this to indefinitely watch this.

The Science of Interstellar
Via – Warner Bros

Interstellar stars Oscar-winner Matthew McConaughey (Cooper), who displays a beautiful touching act as we see countless feelings of emotions from him. His daughter played by Jessica Chastain (Murph) also plays a large part in this movie while delivering the art of her curiosity and deep thinking. Matt Damon, Timothee Chalamet, and Anne Hathaway also play large roles in this movie. 

The story of this movie takes place in the future and surrounds the realistic fact that our planet Earth will eventually die. A secret organization Cooper and his Daughter Murph stumble upon due to their advanced knowledge presents them with the inevitable fact that Earth is dying and they need to find a new planet. 

When on the mission to find a new sustainable planet, they are aware that time moves differently on planets other than their Earth. For example, they stumble upon a planet that every hour on the planet, is 5 years on earth. Their team cannot afford to spend much time on certain planets or the entire human race will die because their Earth only has little time left.

This movie consists of strong emotions and an overall phenomenal piece of story writing. This movie received many awards including, 

• Best Music
  • Best Production Design

Interstellar Film Review – Herring's Fishbait
    Via – Warner Bros
  • Best Sound Mixing
  • Best Sound Editing
  • Best Visual Effects

Not only was the story writing and the acting amazing, but the sound and the visual effects really brought this movie together to create this masterpiece. I recommend you all to watch this movie and it is still my favorite to this day. 

View Comments (1)