The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

Noah Kahan (Forever), and the change of the Season

Apple Music

Back in October of 2022, Noah Kahan released his third album entitled, Stick Season. There are a total of 14 songs, including some of his now-popular hits such as, “Stick Season” and “The View Between Villages.”

Within the past year, Noah has released two new editions of Stick Season including, Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever) and Stick Season (Forever).

In Noah’s second rendition of Stick Season, this time entitled Stick Season (We’ll All Be Here Forever), released on June 9th, 2023, Kahan included 7 new songs. These new songs included, “Your Needs, My Needs,” “Dial Drunk,” “Paul Revere,” “No Complaints,” “Call Your Mom,” “Your Gonna Go Far,” and “The View Between Villages (Extended).”

Apple Music

The biggest surprise, however, was when Kahan announced his first song with a feature: “Dial Drunk” (with Post Malone). This collaboration started a long list of features ranging from Hozier to Lizzy McAlpine to Gracie Abrams – three of my favorite single releases. 

The new collabs were released from July 2023 until Kahan’s latest announcement in January for “You’re Gonna Go Far” (with Brandi Carlisle) and “Paul Revere” (with Gregory Alan Isakov). 

Kahan’s third and final edition of Stick Season entitled Stick Season (Forever) was released on February 9th, 2024. Both Carlisle and Isakov’s features bring their twist to Kahan’s songs by adding their originality through their unique tone.

Also included in Stick Season (Forever) was Kahan’s long-awaited track, “Forever.” Kahan teased “Forever,” back in October of last year. Fans have awaited this release since then, but with Kahan’s release of collabs since then he hasn’t been able to talk about it too much until December. Snippets of the song went viral on TikTok and almost a month ago, fans were finally presented with 4 minutes and 28 seconds of gentle and sweet sound.

Apple Music

Kahan’s voice is extremely unique, allowing fans to feel welcomed into the world he built while also guiding us through feelings like pain, loss, and love, which are all emotions we have experienced at some point in our lives. 

Listening to Kahan’s music makes me feel like I’m talking to an old friend. It’s the kind of music that makes me want to go on a night drive and scream the lyrics like no one is watching. It makes me want to move to a small cottage surrounded by trees. It makes me want to hug my family and friends tighter than usual. Stick Season (Forever), is a breath of fresh air and a warm hug all at the same time. 

I have had favorite artists before and albums that I would always listen to on repeat, and I am so glad that the Stick Season series has been added to it. The Stick Season series has made me understand feelings that I’ve had bottled up. It has gotten me through some of the most difficult times in my life, while also making me smile like I never have before.

Stick Season (Forever) is truly one my favorite albums ever and I am so happy that it’s been released.