The Student News Site of Victor Senior High School

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The Victor Voice

The “Scoop” on Zoe’s

From your standard hard ice cream, to specialty sundaes and even banana splits, the new Zoe’s Ice Cream Parlor in Farmington, New York has it all! With their countless options and affordable prices, Zoe’s has been the hot, new ice cream parlor in the Victor and Farmington area. 

Zoe’s has so many things to offer. If you’re into soft serve? They have it, with even more flavors than you can imagine, like peanut butter, cheesecake, and even bubble gum. They even have gelato and Dole Whip, along with flurries and milk shakes. 

For the purpose of this review, my family is fortunate to personally know the owner of Zoe’s! I was able to get in contact with the owner, Angela Dede, and get information on her personal touch she brought to the business. With that being said, I’m here to give you guys the inside scoop! 

Being able to personalize aspects of your business isn’t just interesting for the owner, but interesting to the customers as well! If you’ve ever been to Zoe’s, you might have some questions. 

Whether it is the name of the business, the names of some of the specialty sundaes, or the puppy features in the parlor, it all has meaning! Angela decided to name the business after her mother, Zoe. She loved the fact that Zoe meant “life”, and believed it had a nice ring to it. 

Angela’s family has a special love for dogs, and believes animals are an important aspect to their family. So, if you happen to go and try Zoe’s after reading this review, look out for the painting of the owner Angelas mini poodle named Emma, and her brother Johnny’s goldendoodle named Haydn. They are known as “Zoe’s Pups”. 

Looking at their amazing array of treat options, you might have noticed the names of “Zoe’s Pups” being featured as specialty sundaes. This is just another way the owner Angela Dede chose to make her business uniquely hers. 

Angela comes from a Greek family. With that being said, she wanted to bring a little bit of her Greek heritage and culture to her ice cream parlor. One of Zoe’s most popular sundaes is “The Greek” sundae, containing a mix of baklava and chocolate syrup.

When my family and I took a trip to Zoe’s, my mom, who loves baklava, ordered “The Greek” sundae. She thought it was a wonderful treat, and had been looking forward to trying it since seeing it online. 

Angelas grandmother, or should I say “Yiayia”, which is Greek for grandmother, is the inspiration behind the specialty sundae Strawberry “Yiayia’s Favorite”. Angelas grandmother would always order vanilla ice cream with strawberries, which is shown in the choice of ice cream and toppings for the sundae. 

If you’re now seeing the trend of “family” among some of the ideas incorporated into Zoe’s, you can see how special the business truly is to the owner, and even the customers.

I would definitely recommend trying Zoe’s if you haven’t yet. There are so many different types of treats that they make, so there is certainly something for everyone. The prices are affordable, and the workers are enthusiastic and very helpful. If you’re into ice cream, or even if you’re not, go and try Zoe’s!